Nigerian artistes have always exported music to foreign lands and recently the wave of Afrobeats to the world is now catching on.
Just recently two Nigerian artistes, Wizkid and Burna Boy won Grammy awards which shows how far Nigerian music as gone in decades.
However, there has been some Nigerian artistes that have featured foreign artistes to further push the sound of Nigerian music abroad.
Below are some of them and the titles:
- 2Baba Featuring TPain – Rainbow: This song was released in 2015 and it was an amazing song. Legendary 2Baba collaborated with the king of autotune TPain to create one of the best love songs around.
- Dbanj and Don Jazzy ft Snoop Dogg – Mr. Endowed Remix: Dbanj and Don Jazzy were a dynamic duo that the Nigerian music industry had not seen in a while. They were riding on a lot of success that a feature with Snoop Dogg at the time just showed that they were ready to take on the world. The video was released in 2011.
- Wizkid ft Drake – Ojuelegba: This song is a classic and it is not a surprise to see Drake jump on the track at the time. This was like the moment Wizkid was introduced to the world on a different level. He has since gone on to feature and be featured by other foreign artistes including Beyonce. He also now has a Grammy to his name for a song he has alongside Beyonce titled Brown Skin Girl.
- Davido ft Nicki Minaj – Holy Ground: This song is off Davido’s 2020 album A Better Time. Davido has featured a lot of foreign artistes from Popcaan to Chris Brown to name a few. A lot of his fans would be looking forward to the video of this song.
- Burna Boy ft Stormzy – Real Life: Burna Boy is a Grammy winner himself and he is proud to flaunt it. After failing to win it in 2020, Burna went back to the drawing board and got it with his album Twice as Tall which was executively produced by Diddy. Burna Boy has been featured by a lot of foreign artistes from Justin Beiber, Sia and even Ed Sheeran. He has also featured Stormzy who is a British artiste on one of his songs titled Real Life released in 2020.
- Psquare ft Rick Ross- Oyinye Remix: The duo who have now split up were a force to reckon with back in the day. They hardly featured artistes so featuring foreign artistes was something a lot of their fans were always interested in. Before they split up, they featured artistes like T.I, Akon, Awilo among others.
- Tiwa Savage ft Omarion – Get it now: Tiwa Savage is arguably the biggest female artiste in Nigeria. Her songs speak for itself and she is also not shy from featuring foreign artistes. She featured Omarion in 2018 on the song Get it now and has also British artiste Sam Smith on a song titled Temptation.
- Fireboy ft Dsmoke – Champion remix: Fireboy is not up to 5 years in the limelight but he is already breaking ground featuring foreign artistes. His hit song Champion was so good that he had to feature American rapper Dsmoke who came to Nigeria to shoot the video.
- Mr Eazi ft Tyga – Tony Montana: Mr. Eazi is one artiste that always knows how to catch the audience by surprise. This time he teams up with American rapper to release the song Tony Montana. The song was released in 2020.
- Yemi Alade ft Rick Ross – Oh My Gosh: Yemi Alade is a singer that is known for her dance moves and stage presence when performing. In 2019 she featured American rapper Rick Ross for one of her songs. She has also featured artistes like Angelique Kidjoe among others.
These are 10 of the Nigerian artistes that have featured foreign artistes, there are many more to come and some songs that are not mentioned because the songs are just too many. For example Davido has more than one song with Chris Brown, he has a song with Popcaan, he has a song with Yung Thug among others.
Join the discussion